Covid-19 Protocols To Ensure The Safety Of Our Patients And Our Clinical Care Team
We have been hard at work developing and implementing the most effective, and evidence-based protocols for resuming safe delivery of routine dental services in the current environment. Our team is prepared and excited to return to help you achieve and maintain your ideal state of oral health.
You will see many changes to enhance the safety and outcomes for all participants of the care delivery system that include:
1. Medical grade air purification system installed in the office to filter germs from ambient air every 15 minutes
2. Temperature screening of patients and team members
3. Contact-free checkout available
4. COVID Screening questionnaires
5. Oral rinse to reduce microbe levels
6. New personal protection equipment to include face shields, N-95 masks, and gowns for our doctors and team to provide barriers against the smallest of germs.
7. Personalized arrival procedures to guide you from our reception directly to treatment rooms to minimize contacting surfaces.
8. Enhanced distancing in the reception area
9. Removed magazines and items that can harbor or transfer germs of any kind.
10. Hand sanitizers will be positioned throughout the office.
11. Installed sneeze guards or droplet barriers at all reception areas.
12. Require hand sanitizing before all appointments by our team and by our patients
13. Enhanced disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients
14. Implementation of protocols to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during dental procedures.
15. Enhanced nightly disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons that may be touched unconsciously.
16. Longer appointment times where appropriate for you to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner.
17. Provide disease testing recommendations for exposure detection to viruses
Patients and team members are encouraged to have COVID-19 Testing, which can be arranged with your primary care provider, or at one of many screening locations in San Francisco. Please visit https://sf.gov/find-out-how-get-tested-coronavirus to learn more.
Please contact us with any questions you may have, and we look forward to helping you smile again!
Christopher P. Rodriguez, DDS, and Team